[TenTec] another basic question...

Subject: [TenTec] another basic question...
From: Gary L Tuck <gtuck@mac.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2004 16:48:02 -0700
Been reading the Orion manual and on the air a bit with my TS 850. Just a bit since the main antenna is down and Orion won't be arriving for a couple of weeks. Anyway, with the TS 850 I find dx station, make A=B, run A on receive and B on tx. Then I hold down the momentary TF set switch and look for who the dx station is working, set the transmit frequency, release the TF set switch and hit the key.

I suppose I could use the A/B button on the Orion to do the same thing, but never having two receivers, how do folks do it? Seems like I sometimes have difficulty getting my two remaining brain cells to communicate let alone listening to the dx station in one ear and the pile up in the other. Is that how it really works?

thanks for everyone's patience. I should just wait for the radio to arrive, but I'm having too much fun thinking about it.

Gary WB7FCQ