Re: [TenTec] G3SJX IC-7800 review

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] G3SJX IC-7800 review
From: "Bob Henderson" <bob@cytanet.com.cy>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 21:08:14 -0000
Duane

That's interesting and of course you're right there is a sort of interlock
arrangement available on the FT1kMP.  I'd forgotten about that and never
found the need to use it.  (Perhaps it's just there for folks with Ten Tec
amps?)

Both the 87A and the Acom 1000 switch perfectly in QSK directly from pin 2
of the Band Data output from the MP.  No interlock necessary....no hot
switching.

I wouldn't like to try it with a Ten Tec amp though. The delays associated
with sequenced relays are almost certain to make it fry!

Bob, 5B4AGN