Re: [TenTec] Inrad 762

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Inrad 762
From: "Tommy" <aldermant@alltel.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 14:12:10 -0400
Sorry, I didn't read all you had said Toby.

The 600Hz filter will give you advertise IMD performance at  it's stated
bandwidth, but not down to 100hz.. That  was what the 500hz and 250 hz
filters were supposed to do. But if you think about it, how many times are
you going to actually work a S-9/60dB over signal,  within 250hz or, for
goodness sake, within 125 hz of your operating frequency? Even 300hz, for
that matter. A 600hz filter (+/- 300hz from Fo) should actually be more than
adequate for all practical operating conditions. (my opinion)

Tom