Re: [TenTec] TenTec Support

To: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>, tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TenTec Support
From: tongaloa <tongaloa@alltel.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 14:33:36 -0400
Jim Brown wrote:

To put this in perspective, Ten Tec probably sold this amplifier about 20 years ago, and has probably not touched it since. I bought it on EBay, probably from the original owner, who had clearly taken good care of it. What other manufacturer in any industry would allow a (very) compentent technician spend a half hour on the phone (spread out over several weeks) with a user to fix a 20 year old product that they haven't sold for at least 10 years? We all know that support like this is almost non-existent.

I bought a manual, power transformer, and replacement dial for my Drake 1-A, built in 1953!!! from Drake
back in 2002. What's that, 49 years? Suspect TT will be able do the same with their stuff.

73,
-Bob
ah7i