Re: [TenTec] Re: headphones/orion

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Re: headphones/orion
From: "Tommy" <aldermant@alltel.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 14:50:15 -0400
Ken,

Bill sent this to me direct. I don't have his permission to publically post
it, so hope he just won't throw rocks at me for doing it!

"http://www.geocities.com/va3ttn/UsingOrionRX.pdf

I had already discovered the effects of Threshold, especially
on the low bands in QRN, but Sinisa's info about Hang and
Decay at the bottom of page 4 were new.  These settings
(Decay = 5 dB/S and Hang 0.3-1.0) are particularly effective
for extremely weak signals at or below the noise floor in
"white noise", not lightning-induced QRN.  Sinisa has
slightly changed his wording from his first version, where
he mentioned that these settings were particularly good for
very weak signals that the AGC would otherwise mask.

                                         73,  Bill "

Tom - W4BQF