Re: [TenTec] Differences in Paragon I and II?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Differences in Paragon I and II?
From: "Carl Moreschi" <n4py@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 12:40:06 -0000
Computer logging is definitely possible with the Paragon II.  The Paragon II
uses an Icom CIV computer interface just like the Omni VI.  The main
difference between the PI and PII is the PII has band registers and in
general a much nicer user interface.  Functionally, the two are about the
same except the PII has transmit AM although the transmit AM is USB or LSB
with a carrier added.  You can control which sideband you transmit on AM but
you can't transmit both sidebands.  On AM it transmits just like CHU.  CHU
transmits USB with a carrier.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
Franklinton, NC