Re: [TenTec] grounding dipoles

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] grounding dipoles
From: Jason Buchanan <jsb@digistar.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 06:43:35 -0400
Ron Notarius wrote:

Assuming that the dipoles are each for separate bands, I'd suggest just
tying the coax together. RF will always flow down the path of least
resistance (or reactance) so only the antenna that is cut for a particular
band will get the RF for that band at any one time. (Yes, I know that's not
strictly and technically correct, but it's "close enough for government
work!")

I experimented with this once (once is the operative word, about 15 years ago) ) but didn't have the best success with it because the SWR was high. Weather was bad and I was pressed for time so I didn't pursue further. Does this require a tuner or should the SWR be low? I would very much like to eliminate the extra runs of coax, etc.