Re: [TenTec] rotator question

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] rotator question
From: Martin Ewing <martin@aa6e.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 13:38:27 -0400
That's an interesting thought. How would a transceiver know or care about your rotator setting? The SteppIR frequency can be set via your transceiver, of course. I suppose you are asking about computer control of the rotator. (I know there are several options, but I am not using any at this time.)

We seem to be moving toward a radio control system based on the PC, which will handle rig control, rotor positioning, logging, digital modes, etc. There are programs that handle each of these functions, but at least at my QTH, they are not very well integrated yet.

My not-so-big station now needs about 5 serial ports on my computer and 11 wall-wart transformers. This can't go on much longer!

73, Martin AA6E

John Rader wrote:

I just recieved approval for a 35' tower at my residence. I have ordered a SteppIR 4 element yagi, and am looking for recomendations for a rotator or rotator controller that can be controlled via software. I would like be able to interface to an Orion, Omni, or K2.
John K5XTX