Re: [TenTec] Auto tuner question

To: "tentec@contesting.com" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Auto tuner question
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 21:52:51 -0500
On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 07:07:02 -0400, Lee Patton wrote:

>Am looking for a newer automatic tuner to use with the Herc II. What kind
>are you using and why?

I recently bought an LDG AT1000 to use with a Hercules 444 (the original, same
power level). I bought it because I very much like the AT100MP. The new tuner
arrived not working right, and I sent it back for repair. It isn't back yet, so
I can't
comment on how well it works. But it does have the right power rating and
features, and its little brother, the AT100MP is a winner.  The latest version
of the
software for that one remembers the last couple of hundred tunings it has done,
and in a fraction of a second tries the most recent before doing a full tune.
As a
result, it's damn fast. :)

BTW -- their service is good too. Each time I've called, I've gotten the
impression
that I was talking to the owner. I called last week to see how things were
progressing. They told me that they were releasing a software update, and were
waiting to ship mine back until they had a new chip to put in it. At no charge.

Jim Brown  K9YC