[TenTec] New to the list--Orion questions

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] New to the list--Orion questions
From: don tyrrell <tyrrell@cybertrails.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 19:36:48 -0700
Hi everyone. I'm new to the list and have been following this list for
sometime now and find it very interesting. I don't have an Orion yet but am
very interested in it. As a "newbie" to the list, I have a couple of
questions that I know have been answered along time ago, but I've missed the
info, so I apologize for the basic questions.

First, having had an ICOM756 PRO2, I'm wondering if the band scope function
for received signals is as active and sensitive to signals as the 756. It
seems some of your comments indicate some of you turn it off.

Second, is there any kind of "video" output so you can use an external
monitor for the bandscope (not sure of the accurate name of that function)?

I seem to remember something about RF feedback problems causing malfunctions
but that may be an isolated case or only with high power amps.

I enjoyed the PRO2 but don't have it anymore and am interested in the Orion
due to its QRM fighting features I read here (I'm a DX chaser--primarily CW
on 160-40 and SSB on 20 thru 10 meters, altho CW occasionaly anywhere).

Again, I apologize 'cuz I know this is old stuff but any brief comments
would be appreciated.

TNX,  Don,  W8AD