Re: [TenTec] One happy Paragon user

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] One happy Paragon user
From: Frans Lowiessen <lowiess@planet.nl>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 18:02:33 +0200
Vic Klein wrote:

Congratulations on the Paragon, Frans. I am very happy with my 585 with the
6.0 Giehl chip.

So this is obvious a have a firmware problem is use a version 3.0 instead of your version 6.0

Regarding the battery problem, there was a mod incorporated
in later models to provide for a NiCd battery to retain the memories.

If this mod is an extra resistor this mod is incorporated in my TRX is this is an other mod
i might give a call(email) to TENTEC or any body else who might read this can give me a hint

Mine
has that feature and I replaced the battery when I bought my Paragon (the
old one was dead). Now it can be left unplugged for over a week and does not
lose memory.

I think it is a good idea to do so otherwise you might blow the alkaline Battery

There is a warning sticker about not using regular alkaline
batteries indicating that the radio has that mod, so you might check for
that.

I have heard others report that the PBT being set between 11 and 1 depending
on the sideband selected is normal. If yours is consistently off one way or
the other, remounting the knob might be a solution.

It is indeed between 11 and 1 so probably I do not need to do anything

And Thanks for your comment Vic

Cheers Frans PE0F

=Vic=
WA4THR