Re: [TenTec] TT 236 cable

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TT 236 cable
From: "John Rader" <k5xtx@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 21:21:55 -0500
What is a TT 311? I haven't found it listed on unofficial or official TT sites.

The TT 311 is a band data converter for the 253/420 to be auto switched with the Orion. It has LED indicators for the band selected. 10m/12m and 15m/17m are combined, but 60m has it's own LED/position.

By "properly bypasses >60m" do you mean bypasses the Hercules to prevent exceeding 100 W >ERP on 60 Meters?

I was thinking about rewiring the cable or 311 to seperate 15m/17m when I discovered the cable I had (Riley's) was missing the 4-6.5mHz wire. I didn't realize the Herc II even had a 4-6.5mHz band. So when I would auto switch to 60m the 311 would indicate 60m but the 253 would retain the previous band's tuned setting, instead of going into the pre-programmed bypass of the tuner circuit.

With >a -7dB gain (7 dB loss) antenna, 500 watts would still be only 100 W >ERP.

I need to figure the loss on my 60m loaded vertical, so I am running conservative with 50 watts.

John K5XTX