Re: [TenTec] Jupiter vs other rigs in same price range

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Jupiter vs other rigs in same price range
From: "j" <justo@maplenet.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2004 08:13:31 -0500
From: "Charles Greene" <W1CG@QSL.NET>

> Hi,
>
> Our club is considering buying a Jupiter.  I have never seen one, let
alone
> operated one.  We plan to get and show the company video on it.  Other
rigs
> under consideration are an ICOM 746PRO and a K2/100.  Important features
> are the ability of new/non-technical hams to operate, performance in field
> day or a field day type environment with another rig on adjacent bands,
> filters,  DPS NR and ability to operate CW (preferably QSK), phone and
> digital.  I have a K2/100 and borrowed a IC746PRO to set it aside the
> K2/100 and do an A/B comparison.  ..............

charles,

since tentec has the 30 trial money-back guarrantee, you could actually get
one and do an A/B/C side by side comparision.  may be even simulate a field
day by having other club members bring their own rigs to the club and have
everyone operate on different frequencies.  that might help answer your
questions far better than the video could.

HTH,