Re: [TenTec] Orion reflector discussions

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion reflector discussions
From: Duane A Calvin <ac5aa@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 12:30:44 -0500
The "display darkening" concern is much ado about nothing.  I can see
what is being described on my radio, but it took someone pointing it out
to me before I noticed it.  It's an "oh, huh" kind of thing, nothing
worse, that happens with heavy RTTY contesting in a warm room.  If I have
my ceiling fan on, it never shows up.  (My radio room is in the southwest
corner of the house here in Texas, so it gets several degrees warmer than
the rest of the house, which I keep at 79 F in the summer.)  My Orion has
the fan on the final amp.  Like I said, this is a barely noticeable
changing of the background on the left 1/3 of the display.  Hardly worth
mentioning.

        73 Duane
(Another Orion user who has had no problems other than a bandscope that
locked up once in six months of ownership.  I do CW, RTTY and SSB, chase
DX and work contests.  I'm sold on the Orion and am very happy I bought
it.)

Duane Calvin, AC5AA
Austin, Texas