[TenTec] Orion Discussions

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Orion Discussions
From: N0KHQ@aol.com
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 13:46:04 EDT
Hello All,

I have to agree with Scott Robbins concerning the many happy Orion users, of
which I am one. I know one thing, after owning an SDR rig/s for the last
couple of years, I'll never by anything else.

To read the negative comments from 5 or 10 hams on this reflector, a person
may be led to believe that TT has only sold 5 or 10 units and all of them were
bad. DUH!

It seems to me that a select few individuals are in the Orion bashing
business on this reflector. (you have made your point (for months), so why not
just
move on)

I don't know how many Orion's have been sold, but lets say TT has sold 1000
units. There are about 5 hams on this reflector that continually complain about
the Orion, that equates to about 5 units per 1000 sold. Is this a good
thing.......no? Is this a bad thing.......no. (continuing to strive for zero
complaints - isn't going to happen)

You can bet that there are just as many hams complaining about K/Y/and I
rigs.....maybe more......maybe less.......who knows.

I can only hope that hams considering the purchase of an Orion look at the
number of hams that complain (a few) and compare that number to the number of
satisfied (many) Orion owners. Do not let your purchasing of this fine rig be
swayed or influenced by the complaints of a few, and there are only a few, on
this reflector and Eham.

The Orion has been the biggest breakthrough in amateur radio since the
beginning of amateur radio. Some hams are just to blind to see that. No other
rig on
the market today, or coming on the market, offers or will offer, the features
and user flexibility's of the Orion.

The Orion can be programmed to operate anyway that TT chooses within the
limits of the hardware and CPU/s capabilities. There is a learning curve
associated with any new design, it just takes time and patients.

Constructive product criticism is always welcome and should be sent through
established channels. Destructive product criticism does nothing but take up
valuable bandwidth space and adds very little to the further development of
SDR's.

To all new potential Orion owners........buy the rig and judge for
yourself.......if the Orion is not your cup of tea......send it back to TT. If
you need
help in setting up the rig......get on this reflector and ask......you will
receive constructive answers to your questions. Or, just join us on any of the
TT SDR nets. (days and times are on the TT website)

Have a good day.

John / N0KHQ