Re: [TenTec] Corsair vs. Peg receivers?

To: <k9uw@wi-net.com>, <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Corsair vs. Peg receivers?
From: "GARY HUBER" <glhuber@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 23:11:44 -0500
I have an Omni VI Plus primary and a Corsair II with external VFO (original
owner of both) as my back up rig. The Corsair II has possibly the best receiver
TT ever built... its all analog RF, no PLL or synthesized freqs for the
mixers... its very clean and sensitive. And with the external VFO, the Corsair
II can do something that no new rig can do for the same money; DUAL RECEIVE!

At some point in time the Omni VI Plus may be replaced by an Orion or whatever
comes next but the Corsair II and VFO will stay... you can't work'em if you
can't hear'em and my Corsair II takes credit for putting most of 334 DXCC cards
on the wall.

Best regards,
Gary - AB9M
CSM(r)G.L.Huber