RE: [TenTec] open source

To: mkastigar@obtura.com, tentec@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [TenTec] open source
From: David McClafferty <ve1adh@yahoo.ca>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 11:57:44 -0400 (EDT)

> In my 'real job', I write (assembler, C and C++)
> code for PICs and DSP
> processors - and I do not feel qualified to modify
> the work TenTec has done.
> Would you reprogram the 'brain' in your new car,
> even if you knew EMS-2000's
> or Bosch systems inside-out?
>
> Thanks, TenTec.
>
> -Matt  W0XEU

I really thought that by now someone (not me, after
reading a couple of books on DSP, I realized I would
be in way over my head) would come up with a
completely new DSP program for the Pegasus/Jupiter
form scratch. Tentec must have thought so as well.
Here is a quote from the Pegasus Programming Manual:
"The Pegagsus firmware and hardware have been
developed to support storage and execution of multiple
DSP programs. In this way a Pegasus can take on a
different personality for a particular,as yet
undetermined,task. The initial release of the Pegasus
firmware contains only a single DSP program which
provides the transceiver behavior. Future firmware
could provide  more advanced or customized DSP
features. The PC control program would determine which
program the Pegasus should execute."

73, Dave,VE1ADH