[TenTec] Paragon behavior

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Paragon behavior
From: Tim & Darlene Isom <nannypoo@mnmars.org>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 22:29:52 -0500
I am a sysop for a MARS PACTOR switch. We are using Paragons for the switch operation and I am wondering if anyone has seen the following behavior and if so what is the problem and perhaps the cure.

On Saturday, 25 September, I had to check our PACTOR switch because no one was able to log into the switch to get traffic. I initially found the Paragon working but the audio was just a loud buzz and when the tuning dial was turned the display remained on the same frequency even though I was moving the tuner. I did a hard reset of the rig and things seemed to be cured.

Today, 26 September, I had to again check the switch due to the same problem. I turned the rig off and on (without a reset) and things were fine, I then had another operator connect to the switch - as traffic was being downloaded by the remote operator the switch was functioning but then stopped - the TNC (a PK232MBX) had the send light lock on, however the rig was no longer transmitting, my loud noise was back and the display was blank. I do not believe the problem is with the TNC - I believe the issue is related to the radio.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tim Isom  WD9HDQ/NNN0XEE