[TenTec] Jupe+n4py+mixw2

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Jupe+n4py+mixw2
From: Jerry Volpe <kg6tt@tomorrowsweb.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 00:56:27 -0700
Jerome:

I have to say that I totally agree with Paul. I have been using the same CWType and CWGet programs for some time. For transmitting it is fantastic and for reinforcing copy reception it is not all that bad either.

I used their recommended interface circuit and created an interface cable with all the parts built into a DB25 connector/hood. Everything was available at radio shack. I am using the parallel port configuration option, however you can just as easily configure it for a serial port. Since parallel ports are seldom used today it seemed a nice alternative. In order to get the most out of the installation I added circuitry to the hood to allow for an external set of paddles so I can use the keyboard, the keyboard macros or the paddles at will. I am using Windows XP Pro on my computers.

I have had no problem using this arrangement with my Scout, Omni-C, Jupiter, or Omni-6+.

The configuration is held within a small .ini file which can be easily edited with Notepad. Took me a little while to figure it out but it was worth it. As I use multiple computers I just copy the .ini file and I am ready to go.

73,

Jerald, KG6TT