[TenTec] Re: TenTec Digest, Vol 22, Issue 26

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: TenTec Digest, Vol 22, Issue 26
From: <dbp@tds.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 20:04:51 +0000
Steve-
 I can only admit to trying this method on three PTO's. Two OMNI's and one
remote VFO. It has worked for me. I can not speak to "the need for the grease
to make the front ball bearing work properly". It feels good to me a few months
later.
 My experience with the VFO was that liberally spraying the PTO mechanism,
working the shaft from one end of its travel to the other,  and allowing it to
drain off thoroughly cleansed the PTO of the old grease, and the TEFLON coating
of the TRI-FLOW lubricant remaining has been very satisfactory. Of course I
don't have a clue if it will last as well as a complete tear down.
 73 de Dave in NH