[TenTec] Orion: Two questions

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion: Two questions
From: <dbp@tds.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 17:05:05 +0000
Hi-
 I have an ORION...WOW! What a receiver! Better than my OMNI VI+.
 A few questions:
 1. When transmitting CW I hear a relay clicking to match my CW. Using
headphones I still hear it, meaning that it is not barely audible, it is
hearable. The OMNI VI+ is silent when sending CW. What setting can I change to
make the ORION quiet?
 2. My three "send" buttons in CW are programmed: mycall, an RST, and a CQ.
After the rig has been on, maybe for 10-20 minutes it will ON ITS OWN transmit
a "QRZ"! And it may do it again sometime later, again. What gives here? It has
been doing this for a couple months, not just at Hallowe'en.
 3. When listening to SSB (a rare occurance)it appears that the AGC drops to
"off" and the receiver gets loud for an instant, and then the AGC immediately
comes back. It is not from a loud signal. The AGC is set to slow and factory
defaults.

I have not done any factory reset yet. Is that the re-course?

73 de Dave in NH