RE: [TenTec] TXCO unit

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TenTec] TXCO unit
From: "John L Merrill" <jmerrill1@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 10:57:06 -0500
Yes.

-----Original Message-----
From: tentec-bounces@contesting.com
[mailto:tentec-bounces@contesting.com]On Behalf Of Harry Coates
Sent: Tuesday, November 02, 2004 10:49 AM
To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] TXCO unit

Good morning everyone,
Need a little help.. I just took my "Closet Kilowatt" out of storage (5 yrs)
es got it going.. The Omni VI opt 3 display reads
500 hz low on all bands.. Don at TT says the Master Reference Oscillator
(xtal oven) needs alignment.. I don't have a good freq counter, so a trip
back to TT is in order.. I intend to keep this station the rest of my life..
So, now the question is:

What about having the Xtal Oven replaced with a TXCO unit, is it worth it??

Tnx for any input in advance..

"TEN TEC forever es RTTY TOO"

'73,

Harry