Re: [TenTec] Re: FULL QSK? What it is

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Re: FULL QSK? What it is
From: "Dave Edwards" <kd2e@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 16:40:06 -0500
Whatever the 'official' description of QSK is, I don't think matters much.
Some rigs, even my old TR4..and TS520 have semi break in.
The receiver is off while I am sending. The delay control gives it the
second or so time to come
back after sending.
With QSK (or what I consider QSK)...If the other guy is sending away, I can
key di dit, di dit, and he stops sending. Then I can say whatever I had to
suddenly say. In turn, I will hear him break in while I am sending. My Pro
and TS2000 have QSK, and perhaps it is... I consider it lousy and not
use-able QSK when a audible relay is clicking along with my sending.
The best QSK I have ever operated was separates with a Johnson TR switch,
Swan twins, Elecraft K1, and the new Argonaut V.

....Dave