[TenTec] Omni D help Please

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni D help Please
From: "Tony" <g3zrj@morsekey.fsnet.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 19:39:53 -0000
Please could anyone out there help with the following problems with OMNI-D
Series C

1.  heavy clicks rx audio output on QSK and on TX/RX changeover on semi
break-in,  the transmit
sig is fine.   With CQWW CW coming up I'd be very grateful if someone could
come up with a cure for this, at present I position the headphones about an
inch in front of my ears and turn up the AF gain, but this isn't too good on
very weak sigs.

2.  SWR meter seems very reluctant to indicate more than approx 2 : 1  SWR no
matter how badly
mismatched the load is -  I think this may be related to the non operation of
the ALC on the rig.

Thanks in anticipation
Tony G3ZRJ