RE: [TenTec] Omni D help Please

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [TenTec] Omni D help Please
From: "Richard Detweiler" <rdetweil@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 21:51:02 -0600
Haven't had this problem,

Try giving Ten Tec a call Monday morning, they are very knowledgable and they give good advise.

Best 73's
Rich
K5SF

From: "Tony" <g3zrj@morsekey.fsnet.co.uk>
To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni D   help Please
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 19:39:53 -0000

Please could anyone out there help with the following problems with OMNI-D Series C

1. heavy clicks rx audio output on QSK and on TX/RX changeover on semi break-in, the transmit
sig is fine. With CQWW CW coming up I'd be very grateful if someone could come up with a cure for this, at present I position the headphones about an inch in front of my ears and turn up the AF gain, but this isn't too good on very weak sigs.

2. SWR meter seems very reluctant to indicate more than approx 2 : 1 SWR no matter how badly
mismatched the load is - I think this may be related to the non operation of the ALC on the rig.

Thanks in anticipation
Tony G3ZRJ