[TenTec] Orion and Digital modes

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion and Digital modes
From: "Ed Cooper" <n6np@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 08:57:43 -0800
For NZ8J

I have been using the Orion with sound card and PSK31.  The software is
WinPSK the freeware version and the
Interface is a Rascal.  I also have a RigBlasterPro but can not seem to
get it to work with the Orion.  I also use the
Rascal with a FT1000MP with good results.  When using the Orion I run
just a little over 50% power (60 watts) and
If for only short periods up to 75 watts.  If you go any higher the rig
runs too hot.  I do not have the external fan on
the Orion.  I have also used it with a linear on 20 Mtr PSK31 with about
30 watts drive I can get about 300 to 400
watts out on PSK31 uising the TenTec Centurion Linear.  Can run all day
at that level with no excessive heating.
Ed Cooper N6NP