[TenTec] Filters

To: Paul - W8KC <w8kc@comcast.net>, tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Filters
From: Carter Grabarczyk <k8vt@ameritech.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 07:22:56 -0500
Paul,

I am a bit confused by your statement below and maybe you can elaborate a bit....

You said:

 Each of the three optional crystal filters easily sells for about $65
 alone and a lot of weasels remove them from the rig to sell
 separately.

By my calculator, it is "easily" $195 just for the three filters.

I've never sold a TenTec of any kind, with or without the filters, but your statement above puzzles me. I am not sure why you call the person a "weasel" for separating out the filters. If the radio you were referring to is at the $250 end of the range you were talking about, are you saying they should offer it as a package and sell it for $250 + $195= $445?

The thought comes to mind that someone may not want to pay that much for a radio that is worth only $250, filters or not. Or, they may already have some or all of the filters.

Or, are you implying the seller should just include almost $200 of filters as a "gift" because the radio was found with the filters in it?

I own an Omni 6+ loaded with filters. If I sell it to buy an Orion, do I raise the price of the radio way up to cover the cost of the filters, give them for free as a "gift" or risk being thought a "weasel" for offering them separately?

Sorry to call you on this, but I am not sure what you are suggesting or why the seller would be a weasel for offering the filters separately.

73,
Carter