Re: [TenTec] Filter weasels

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Filter weasels
From: "Steve N4LQ" <n4lq@iglou.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 10:09:13 -0500
To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Sent: Monday, November 22, 2004 10:04 AM

I have an Omni 6 opt3 which is great, but my own filter weasel is the N2
filter which seems to have a centre frequency around 1000Hz, my preferred
sidetone is however 700Hz making this filter unuseable
(huge loss) no matter how I adjust the PBT.  I have checked and seen this
on Spectrogram as well as it being obvious in listening.

Anyone have info on the N2 filters, is this normal or do I have a faulty
filter? the N1 is fine at 700 Hz.

73,  Deni