Re: [TenTec] Question regarding Omni VI+ on SSB

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Question regarding Omni VI+ on SSB
From: "A. Sewell" <n5na@att.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 11:39:54 -0600
With all the TT705 mic discussion I pulled my instruction sheet out to see just what it has to say.

"The Model 705 incorporates a momentary type Push-To-Talk (PTT) button (gray), a Push-On, Push-Off locking type button (black), electronic circuitry to switch the microphone on, a signal amplifier that adds 13dB of gain to the output level, an attached output cable and a battery compartment for a 9 volt alkaline battery"

SPECIFICATIONS
.........stuff skipped
ELECTRONICS: C-Mos PTT switch, C-Mos signal amplifier, NPN T/R transistor.
CURRENT REQUIRED: Receive mode: Less than 2 microamperes.
Transmit mode: 2 milliamperes typical, with 9 volt battery.

73,

Alan N5NA

Chuck (Jack) Hawley wrote:

Yes it has a preamp. See my question about how mine draws around 16 ma which
seems like a lot.
Chuck, KE9UW