Re: [TenTec] Noise canceling headphones

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Noise canceling headphones
From: "Steve N4LQ" <n4lq@iglou.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 22:09:41 -0500
I have a the Heil Quiet Phone Headset. While wearing them, you cannot hear any fan noise from an amp. You can hear and understand voices from someone standing next to you but you cannot hear yourself talk. I would wear them at night to block out the xyl's snoring but they are a bit lumpy.

Steve N4LQ
----- Original Message ----- From: "Gary Tuck" <gtuck@mac.com>
Sent: Friday, November 26, 2004 6:40 PM
Subject: [TenTec] Noise canceling headphones

Got a Centaur amp and except for the blower, it works great. Right power out for this QTH and antenna, easy to tune and QSK compatibility with my Orion. The fan is something else. Bent the intake fins on the case to horizontal and that helped some. Was looking to replace the fan and then thought about noise canceling headphones like the Heil Quiet Phone. Does anyone have experience with these or others on fan noise when working CW? There are only a few reviews on eHam.

thanks, Gary