RE: [TenTec] Firmware upgrade and Keyer timing

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TenTec] Firmware upgrade and Keyer timing
From: "kc3m" <kc3m@suscom.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 16:30:05 -0500
Yes.  After loading 1.372 and doing a master reset, etc - the internal keyer
timing is a problem for me as well.  I use the Orion almost exclusivly for
cw (up to 35WPM.)  For now, I'm planning to switch back to an external keyer
as I'm delighted with the QSK and other improvements in this update.

FWIW I can also confirm the development of popping noises in the right
channel of headsets I'm using.

Jack,  KC3M