[Orion] 1.372 PA3ARM;

To: <tentec@contesting.com>, <orion@contesting.com>
Subject: [Orion] 1.372 PA3ARM;
From: "Harry van Enckevort" <Harry.van.Enckevort@tiscali.nl>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 00:36:33 +0100
I am vy psed in particular that the Sub-RX crashes are gone es the rig
in that aspect is back on "1.367 level". When there is no sig in ur
right ear (SUB audio Right) U are certain agn there is none or U cannot
hear the calling stations. (pile up)

I certainly agree wid Jack KC3M es others that there are popping noises
in the right channel under certain working conditions/setting of
parameters.
The side tone in the headphones is no longer what it was in "recent"
upgrades es reminds me of what it was in the early days. (caused by QSK
time changes?)
Hope they can fix that agn; 100% CW here apart from some occasional SSB
contesting activity.

Let me share some less relevant changes in the rig > "wishes/nice to
have" I addressed in the past; I consider these as changes which
certainly give the rig more flexibility as what it already has es vy
useful.
There are more on mi list to Ten Tec (Ham radio) but let me just share
the ones I certainly wud welcome most.
Hope they get time to do these some time (RIT/XIT changes - no details -
were foreseen/"promised" anyhow. )
Some of U will certainly have addressed same/similar wishes.
Just make sure they "stay alive"  hi

1. When using A/B button activate/follow  the programmed antenna matrix

When using A/B button results in TX on different band assign TX antenna
as programmed in the menu (matrix)

2. RIT/XIT
-Enable XIT when TX on VFO B; (enable XIT tuning when SUB RX button
active)
-when remote POD encoder is set as "RIT/XIT"  in the menus enable
switching RIT/XIT off/on on encoder as well (now clear only; push F
button >1 second eg)
-Enable RIT follows XIT or XIT follows RIT when one of them is off and
when tuning is done on the one whch is on.
-enable RIT tracking fer MAIN es SUB when operating in diversity mode

3. Show frequency offset when both VFO's are on same band (user option)
Let user have an option in menus  that in case the 2 VFO's are on same
band either the actual frequency of the 2nd VFO or the offset is
displayed.

4. Tuning step sizes
-give user option to list his own preferred tuning step sizes on the
display
(Extend step ranges - at least add 50Hz steps)

Thanks agn Ten Tec fer al the work es fer the rig.
73
Harry
Ten Tec freak since 1979 so obviously vy vy psed wid my Orion. (hi)
A great rig !!