RE: [TenTec] Your favorite TT rig? (for CW)

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [TenTec] Your favorite TT rig? (for CW)
From: "James C. Owen, III" <k4cgy_list@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 10:57:14 -0800 (PST)
Having had quite a few TT rigs since I started with TT in 1979
with a Delta, I think overall the best rig is the Corsair II.
Saying that, I've not used a Omni V,VI (+) or Orion nor the older
Omni A,C,D 's. Between the Delta, Scout, Argosy I & II, Corsair I
& II and Jupiter; the best overall for both CW, SSB and weak
signal has been the Corsair II. I now run a Jupiter mostly on SSB
and for a casual QSO rig I like it best. However the Corsair II
has better sensitivity on 10m, and better, but not much, QSK but
not as flexable on bandwidth selection. The Corsair is not as
subject to strong signal overload as the Jupiter but the ATT on
the Jupiter takes care of that with no loss in copy. The Jupiter
has better sounding SSB and better selectivity for SSB and is
fine for CW, plus can be computer operated.
73 Jim K4CGY