[TenTec] QSK CW on the Orion

To: "Ten Tec List" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] QSK CW on the Orion
From: "Toby Pennington" <toby423@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 14:28:42 -0500
The guys at Ten Tec are to be congratulated for the way the RF Gain and the QSK
works now on the Orion.  Now I can work on 80 meters with the QSK down to 10
percent and the RF gain down to 58 to 68 and have no noise when sending cw, it
is really smooth now and a pleasure to operate.  Also when set at this level
there is little or no loss of signal from the station I am talking with.

This is probably the biggest improvement for cw ops that we have had so far.
Also, having the roofing filters come in at the appropriate bandwidth is a big
improvement.

If you haven't installed 1.372 you need to update your Orion and see the
difference.

Toby W4CAK