Re: [TenTec] Losing memories in Paragon

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Losing memories in Paragon
From: "Vic Klein" <vhklein@ptd.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 13:32:32 -0500
Well, thanks to a hot tip emailed in from Wayne, VE3CE, I found out that
ther IS a mod to the voice board for this very problem. I called Ten Tec
this morning and Don confirmed I needed to install one (or two) diodes,
banded end down, between the 3rd connector pin and the plated-through hole
marked IC8 by cutting the trace there. Don said this was to drop the
voltage, not as a blocking diode. I'll get to that shortly and see how it
works.

=Vic=
WA4THR