Re: [TenTec] Re: Orion

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Re: Orion
From: "Toby Pennington" <toby423@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 23:43:59 -0500
Jim, most of us with Orions are very happy with the performance of our rigs. After each major update we go through this trauma on the reflector. I am very happy with the new update which makes the Orion an incredible CW rig. There are always a few minor bugs after each update that will be cleared out within a few weeks. Most of the complaints you read are coming from the same people who have been complaining all year after each update, or sometimes in between. I am not sure of their particular issues, and I wish I were close to them so I could try to help out in some way. I do not know the way they are operating their rig or what other issues may be effecting their operation. Expectations may be set too high by some also.

One complaint tonight was about RF in the mike and audio curcuit. This is an issue that I also have had in the past and about every ham I know at one time or another has had to deal with RF problems. However, the high pitched verbage posted here does not solve anything.

Go ahead with your purchase of the Orion. I have had excellent support from Ten Tec over these past 15 months since I first bought my Orion, plus I have had good support from my fellow hams. I have a first production run Orion that I bought as a demo and I think you will love it after you get the basics down about the operation.

Good Luck! Toby W4CAK
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Miller WB5OXQ" <wb5oxq@grandecom.net>