Re: [TenTec] Re: Orion

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Re: Orion
From: "Ron Notarius" <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 09:10:13 -0500
Jim,

Do not be discouraged by these emails.  Instead...

Do you know someone who is an Orion owner?  If so, or if you can arrange
with someone on the list who does own one to drop by their shack once or
thrice... do so.  Play with the rig.  Listen with your own ears.  Bring your
Omni into the shack and put the two side by side.  That is the ONLY way you
will KNOW if the Orion is right for you.

No, I don't own one, but I have been graced many times with the opportunity
to run W3WH's Orion.  I still have a sentimental favoritism to the Corsair I
and the Argosy's, which I sold back in my radio retailing days a long time
ago... but if I could, I'd buy an Orion today, no questions asked.  I think
it's that good a rig.

73, ron wn3vaw