Re: [TenTec] work in progress

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] work in progress
From: Dave Heil <k8mn@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 01:50:17 +0000
skip wrote:

> After spending 4 months with my Orion I'm tired of Ram resets and power off
> resets.
>   I have a FT 1000mp/mkV and a SX 101mkIII with my Orion
> Guess what people  anything I can hear on the Orion I can hear and work on
> my Sx 101 mkIII , a fifty year old radio.
>
> If indeed the problems I'm having are firmware then Ten Tec should have
> never released the radio for sale.  Not only that were paying a premium
> price to sort out their short comings.
>
> If the fixes are hardware they should buy them back as Heathkit did when
> they made the HW 2026.
>
> The only thing we can say about the Orion is it's American made, and Piss
> poor Quality as we can come to expect from our industrial makers.
>
> de Skip    K3CC

Sorry you feel that way, Skip.  I give my Orion frequent workouts.  I
chase DX on 160, 80 and 40m mostly.  My Orion was one of the very first
batch shipped. I don't share any of your opinions regarding problems.

Since Ten-Tec is about as likely to buy it back as Yaesu, Kenwood or
Icom with their products, perhaps you can sell it and settle back with
your SX-101.  If you should find any problems with that piece of
equipment, I recommend digging up Bill Halligan's bones, mixing them up
and indulging in an impromptu ju-ju ceremony.

Now if I can only find those at GM responsible for that '73 Vega they
sold me...

Dave Heil K8MN
meditating on a hilltop in West Virginia