Hertz, was: [TenTec] FS: Paragon II corrected filter info

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Hertz, was: [TenTec] FS: Paragon II corrected filter info
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 07:27:45 -1000

There are many people who go out of their way to use the term "cycles" or
"kilocycles", etc. when describing frequency. They wouldn't dream of using
Hertz or kiloHertz because Hertz doesn't mean anything tangible, but
"cycles" does.

I we used this same argument for current we would have to abandon Amperes and switch to Coulombs/second.....but no Coulombs means nothing....We would have to use the number of electrons that are in a Coulomb (which I forget 6.023 E23????) per second.

Ohms would become Volts per Amp. But no, we cannot use Amperes or Volts, they don't mean anything tangible. It would all have to be reduced to electrons, seconds meters and grams of force to be tangible.

DE N6KB