Re: [TenTec] scout newbie

To: tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] scout newbie
From: w8au@sssnet.com
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 23:54:55 -0500
At 11:37 PM 12/17/04, Rick Williams wrote:
Mark I'd sure question the module!  Take the module out and gently take a
pencil eraser to the contacts.  Clean it off and re-insert it and try again.
It should read similar output into a dummy load with a carrier on all bands.
Stuart (K5KVH) has some other good pointers.

I'll add a third response: The band plug-in contains two sections...
A heterodyne oscillator and a Low Pass Transmit filter. There's a possibility that one of the caps in the LP filter has changed value, and may have lowered the cutoff frequency to somewhere in the operating range,
thereby swamping some of the output power.
This happened to me in a TT Century 21, and one tell-tale sign would be if the current draw from the power supply is as much as it is with a normal band plug in. This would indicate that the amplifier section itself is still putting out full power, but part is being lost in the LP section.

Keep going... you'll find it...

Perry w8au