[TenTec] AGC pop one last time...

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] AGC pop one last time...
From: n1eu@netscape.net (Barry N1EU)
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 18:16:45 -0500
Gary, I don't really experience a pop on AGC like you describe.  FWIW, I use
200 ohm Z headphones and typically have the volume level around the half-way
mark.  I use fast AGC on cw with no hang.

I do notice that the Orion AGC has less gain compression than a Yaesu, and this
is a very good thing IMHO.  On the Yaesu, AGC makes weak signals and strong
signals equally loud while on the Orion, strong signals are somewhat louder
than weak signals.

73,
Barry N1EU

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.