Re: [TenTec] Paragon memories

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Paragon memories
From: w8au@sssnet.com
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 17:49:31 -0500
At 12:58 PM 12/18/04, you wrote:
The only real problem I have had is that the memories were lost after only about 4 days of not using the rig.. I replaced the 9v. NiMh. batt, and ran the radio for several days to be sure the batt. would charge up..

Sorry I can't offer more concrete information, but when I used NiCad and later on NiMh 9V batteries, I could get longer times than 4 days. Never ran a longevity check, though.

My normal operating procedure is to leave the Paragon on at all times, and just depend on the battery to hold the memories during power outages.

FWIW,

Perry w8au