RE: [TenTec] IMD Measurements - Yaesu/Inrad vs Orion

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TenTec] IMD Measurements - Yaesu/Inrad vs Orion
From: "Eric SENSI" <eric.sensi@skynet.be>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 22:57:57 +0100
Yes, you're right... the sidetone is not the transmitted signal !

I tried this with a friend of mine this morning, he didn't notice anything
strange in the CW enveloppe. Now, he was listening to me with an SGC 2020
with ADSP2 and a Yaesu FT-7B ! :-) Of course these rigs are not in the same
class as the MArk V, so I can't tell exactly.

Anyway, I'm running the Mark V for 4 days now without ANY problems, I was
afraid at first, but it seems that this radio is rock solid here. Compared
to the list of problems I had with the 2 Orion's I owned, just the key
clicks problem is not really an issue ! I know this could be annoying for
the others, so I'll do the mod as soon as I possibly can.

Best regards, Eric.