[TenTec] Re: Contest Data and Conclusions

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Contest Data and Conclusions
From: "Gary Tuck" <garyltuck@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 20:36:59 -0000
I’ve had the same experiences as Tommy with my Centaur.  Works flawlessly on
CW QSK until transmit from the Orion dies.  Has happened three of four times
while the Centaur was in line and operating or on Standby after operating.
Suddenly, no output from the Orion although the Centaur is being keyed.
When I called Ten Tec, they said that they’d made changes in the keying loop
in 1.372 and hopefully, that should take care of it.  It did not.  Now, it
could be related to RF in the shack since I’m on the second floor but no
other symptoms of RF that I’ve seen.  I’ve also read reports linking some of
these anomalies—loss of receive and transmit-- to operating split frequency
CW with Sweep on. I enjoy the Orion so much that I’ll keep a track of the
situation to see if there are commonalities to when this happens.

Gary W7TEA