[TenTec] Argo 516 question

To: "TenTec List (TenTec List)" <TenTec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Argo 516 question
From: "Rick Williams" <rick.williams@telus.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 16:18:18 -0800
The RFSquared site shows the Argo V is currently at firmware 1.07.  I have
had discussions with the factory because some rigs are currently being
released with Version 1.08.

The scoop is that 1.08 requires a hardware change to the mic audio
circuitry.  It is my understanding that the factory will release a "do it
yourself" guide to the hardware changes and version 1.08 in the near future.
I have also checked the T-T website today and my Christmas stocking
yesterday, remember I've been good, but no Version 1.08 is yet available.

According to the 516 list, some have approached the factory to do the
hardware change to rigs not under warranty and it looks like they will do
the change for about $55 plus shipping.

If you're interested, I have already done the hardware changes and written
them up on my website.

So the firmware is still being developed and it looks like the present delay
is because of hardware changes needed to accommodate the latest firmware.

I hope this helps!

73,

Rick
VE7TK