Re: [TenTec] Frequency accuracy...

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Frequency accuracy...
From: Phil Howlett <w9xx@direcway.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 15:46:38 -0500
I leave all those foolish little screws out. The 4 cover screws on the sides are enough to hold things together. Without all those screws, I can remove the bottom cover quickly without turning the radio off and having it cool down much when the referance osc is to be adjusted.

W9XX

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gary Tuck" <gtuck@mac.com>
Sent: Thursday, December 30, 2004 3:22 PM
Subject: [TenTec] Frequency accuracy...

Thank you all for comments. My readout was 19999.900 when zerobeat to 20 mHz WWV--so 100 hz off. My, it doesn't take much to change the frequency! A hairs breadth got me within 6 hz so that is plenty close enough. Didn't have the proper tool (my minor collection is more suited to the days of tuning slugs in a HW 101 and Drake B line.) So, had to rig one up. Also glad I remembered I'd gotten a set of Torx drivers a couple of years back. A #10 does the job better than the little tool TT gives us. Again, tnx.