RE: [TenTec] Orion RX antenna input

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [TenTec] Orion RX antenna input
From: "Richard Detweiler" <rdetweil@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 13:59:17 -0600

If you are using only the Orion, I don't think you will have any problems as the TX relay(s) handle all the RX inputs

If you use another radio for TX, then you have to take all the precautions to prevent RF overload from taking out the front end. The Front end is tough, but not that tough, I've seen alot of watts RF come down a RX antenna if the TX antenna is at 1500 watts and close. Far more than a few.

I'm using only ANT-1 and ANT-2 for my set up.

Best 73's
Rich
K5SF