[TenTec] RE: [Orion] Orion subreceiver

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] RE: [Orion] Orion subreceiver
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 17:48:50 -0500
N4PY wrote:
>All I am talking about is the image response from the 14 khz IF.  If you
have a IF desired signal at 45 mhz and you mix it with 45.014, you will get
the desired signal to be 14 khz.  But if another very strong signal is at
45.028, and you mix with 45.014, you will also get this undesired signal at
14 khz.  It is the job of the 45 mhz roofing filter to remove this 45.028
image response.

OK, I understand. Duane's comment about "ghost signals" falling within
the First IF made me think you were talking about IMD products.

73, Bill W4ZV