Re: [TenTec] Thanks to all my Orion is performing better but,

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Thanks to all my Orion is performing better but,
From: w4tje <w4tje@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 06:43:57 -0500
in my shack, i just turn off the computer.
it works.
jack w4tje

At 07:59 PM 1/17/2005 -0600, you wrote:
Just a quick repeat of my comment earlier - you can't just turn off the
PC and the monitor.  You must remove all AC and backup DC power from
them.  I had a monitor that spewed noisy carriers all over the place and
the only way to quiet it was to pull the AC plug.  Simply powering it off
made no discernable difference.  Threw me off until I used a portable
radio to home in on the problem, and when I pulled the AC cord, the QRM
disappeared.  It got replaced with a nice quiet LED monitor.

73, Duane