[TenTec] ORION and MixW software slow operation problem?

To: "Ten-Tec" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] ORION and MixW software slow operation problem?
From: "Paul W. Gallier" <p.gallier@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 20:25:41 -0500
Dave:

I am using MixW 2.14 and the RigExpert with my Orion and have no problems.
Response to change frequency is almost instantaneous.

It sounds like your connections to the Orion are giving the Orion some false
signals or noise (or ac or rf?).   I would also re-check for the right pins to
the serial port and Aux I/O jack of Orion.   You can get the MixW 2.14 version
on the web now too; you might try that.

An interesting fact with MixW.  For setting up FSK as the way to do RTTY, you
must set FSK Tx Data to "Mark high"  in the "Other" menu.  Mixw has the reverse
from normal RTTY format for some reason.

Good luck,

Paul, WQ1C